Subject: Re: B5 battle scenes!!
From: [email-masked] (Richard Willkomm)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 1996 14:07:52 -0700

In a message of 10 Apr 96 Lightwave List  wrote to All:

 LL> Overall I think S:A&B is very nicely modelled, textured and above all
 LL> lighted! I'm not too wild about the animation. It involves mostly
 LL> flying spaceships. (But how about the brainsucking alien monster
 LL> in B5? It wasgreat!)

One of the biggest dissappointments of SAAB is that almost every
episode starts of with a good beginning for a storyline. But somehow
it doesn't get executed in the best possible way. Either they cast is
being to damn emotional and boring, or they just haven'got a better
story. So most episodes end up having 30 minutes of crying, emotional
bull or death ceremonies. I'm not saying the series shouldn't have
those elements, in fact they make it special. It's just that the
balance between emotion and action isn't right, unless they intended
it as a soap instead of a SF action series. I'm not asking for just
more animation, they are useless without a good plot. 

 #--------------------|---------------------------------------------#
 #    ######  ####    | Richard Willkomm  --- Digital illusions --- #
 #    ##   ##  ##     | Gfx Co-Sysop The Hell BBS The Hague Holland #
 #    ##   ##  ##     | +31-70-3468783                              #
 #    ##   ##  ##     | e-mail : [email-masked]             #
 #    ######  ####    |     ++++++ ' KINK-FM rulez ' ++++++         #
 #--------------------|---------------------------------------------#
-- Via Xenolink 1.981, XenolinkUUCP 1.1